Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Entry #1 - What is Literacy and How I Came to Know About It

In 2-3 sentences, explain what the term literacy means to you?

Literacy is the ability to communicate and take in information through the written word. Literacy includes both the ability to read and write.

Briefly describe a literate person.

A literate person is someone who is able to understand the written word and use the written word to express thoughts and ideas. A literate person is able to use language to participate in society to meet their basic needs as well as to be a part of a community.
 
How did you develop this definition of literacy? Where did these ideas come from?
Can you think of people in your life who might have been influential in helping you develop these definitions? If so, who are they? If not, what other ways did you come to know this? Given your definition, do you believe you are a literate person? Why or why not?


My responses to the prompt were accidentally deleted when I posted Entry #3.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, this is a great start to your Literacy Learning Blog. I am quite sure if you had more time you would have been able to elaborate more fully on the ways your family and teachers have helped you to develop your abilities. I think you will find Kucer an interesting read this week. I look forward to hearing what you think.


    PS I like the choices you made for the color of the page as well as the font. I also really like the imoge you included as your personal photo.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #9 How did I learn vocabulary?

  "Students develop concepts, learn one or more meanings of words, and make associations among words through these activities (Word St...